Before/After School and Summer
Aspen Youth Center
Aspen Youth Center provides free after school and full-day structured programs in the summer and on teacher work days, snow days, Spring Break, and some holidays, and free play to youth in 4th-12th grades. During the school year we are open Monday through Friday from 10am to 6pm, with select extended Friday nights for "Middle School Nights." Each day we offer at least two structured programs after school (five on non-school days) and free play. For more information, contact www.aspenyouthcenter.org or 970.544.4130
Carbondale Branch Library
- Makerspace: Children and teens (grades K-12) are invited to use the tools and supplies in our mobile makerspace to design, create, tinker, and play with art and technology to design and create with iPads, engineer duct tape creations, make their own stop-motion animation movies, and more. This drop-in event takes place every Wednesday from 2:00-3:30 p.m. Free lunch is served between 2:00 and 2:30 to anyone 18 and under, in partnership with Food Bank of the Rockies. For more information, call the library at 970.963.2889.
- Summer Reading Program: See http://www.gcpld.org/summer-reading for more information.
Roaring Fork Cycling
AVSC Intro to Mountain Biking
Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers
- "Meet the Winter" Snowshoe: Elementary school students gain skills to help them become more comfortable in the winter in Colorado. Lessons focus on Leave No Trace and outdoor play/character building. RFOV has a modest "winter gear closet" to help outfit students and keep them safe.
- Trail Service Days: Students in grades 2-12 have the opportunity to give back to their local communities while participating in trail maintenance with RFOV. This is a great authentic service learning opportunity that gets students outside to learn about stewardship in an experiential way.
Access Roaring Fork's SecondShift Program
Beyond the Bell
Carbondale's long standing school aged kids program.....making kinder people one happy camper at a time. After school, summer, and holiday/school break programs are offered for students from kindergarten to age 12 at Crystal River Elementary School. Program cost: $15 for after school, $20 early release Wednesday, $55 full day, with scholarships available. For more information, visit www.camprunamuk.net
Camp Invention-Invent the future today!
Legacy Dance Program
- Ooh La La Aloha - Summer Dance Adventure! "Get ready to go coconuts on a magical Ooh La La Aloha dancing adventure! In this ballet and tap camp, your tiny dancer will set sail across tropical turquoise waters to the Paradise Lagoon, glide over to the Pom Pom Palm Tree Forest, and even dance at the Sparkle-tastic Underwater Hula Disco! Guided by their feathery friend, Lulu, they’ll dance across the islands collecting fun mementos for the big island Oh Wow Luau summer celebration! Your island cutie will love the Hawaiian-inspired crafts and dancing fun on this sunny adventure! June 10th-14th
Full Day Available for ages 6+!"
- Camp Remix - Hip Hop Dance Camp! "An afternoon hip-hop themed camp for kids who love three things: Dance, Fashion, and Making Videos! We will be creating our own music video in this age appropriate hip hop centered dance camp! Dancers will learn hit choreography, create their ""look,"" and film their very own music video! It's a professional LA dancer experience right here in our home-town!"
- Candyland Dance Camp! "Lolli pop - lolli pop - oh lolli lolli lolli! Join us for a sugary sweet candy inspired camp! Romp around the sweet stories, twirl through the candy forest, and leap through a full scale version of candyland! This candy inspired dance camp is sure to grab your child’s interest. Students will learn an adorable dance routine and spend time creating colorful crafts too! There will be a student performance on the last day of camp!"
- Camp Contemporary - Special one day event! "Calling All Contemporary Lovers! We are so excited to offer a unique, one-day contemporary dance experience this Summer at Legacy Dance Company! Join us for a day filled with exploration, invention, improvisation and expression. This camp is designed for dancers ages 11 and up. Dancers will start the morning off in a mock-audition and will be placed into pieces accordingly. We will end the day with an in-studio performance of the pieces that are created earlier in the day."
WindWalkers Out- Of-School Time Programs. All Inclusive All Abilities Camps, Private/Group Lessons, and Ranch Days available. Tailored for "first timers" to novice riders. Bareback games. Learn about the West from the eyes of the horse. Walk, Trot..Canter... Make new Friends. For grades K-12. Program is not in Schools- but on WindWalkers' Ranch, 1030 County Road 102, Carbondale. Cost varies according to program enrollment. Financial Aid is available; aka Rider Scholarships. For more information, please call (970)963-2909 and visit windwalkerstrc.org. All are Welcome!
Colorado Mountain College, Reach Your Peak Summer Camps
Come dance and create with us! Day camps infused with music, art and dance from around the world. Improve skills and expand imagination with world rhythms/cultural dance, modern and jazz dance and ballet. Art classes feature drawing, painting, sculpture, children's literature. Students will experience art and dance each day, with a special yoga class for youth on Fridays. A great team of experienced instructors provide a fun learning environment in which to move and create. Ages 3 years through 8th grade. www.Coloradomtn.edu/ArtsCamps
CMC & Glenwood Springs Arts Council
Gardening Boots & Paint Brushes Summer Camp
Come join us for a nature-inspired week of art and gardening. Your child will embark on an artistic garden voyage that explores the magical world of nature inspired art and gardening. In the garden you will learn about and be inspired by the beauty of seeds, plants, trees and other natural wonders. In the art studio you will use your inspirations to create original 2D+3D artwork using a wide variety of mixed mediums. Monday-Friday, full and half days, Ages 6+, Location: Carbondale Community School, Fee $150 for half day/ $325 for a full day (full day includes a nutritous lunch). instructors: Lynne Cassidy (Art) + Diana Alcantara (Garden). Registration forms are available at CCS or Register online at www.inky-hands-studio.com, sibling discount available, 970.618.1480
Monkey House Carbondale
Climb in a safe and fun modern climbing gym under supervision. Shoes and chalk provided, no prior skill necessary. 16" padded floor allows for safe falls as kids learn how to solve the vertical problems on the walls. This is for children 8 and up and costs $8 for 2 hours from 2pm-4pm. Call 970.340.4988 or go to www.monkeyhousecarbondale.com to learn more.
Early Release Wednesday climbing club. Climb in a safe and fun modern climbing gym under supervision. Shoes and chalk provided, no prior skill necessary. 16" padded floor allows for safe falls as kids learn how to solve the vertical problems on the walls.
July 2-6, 2018, 9am-3pm. Location: Colorado Mountain College, Gates Soccder Complex, Cost $250, scholarships available. Youth ages 8-13 years. Champion coach Stefan Caulfied, Former coaching staff at Lipscomb NCAA Div 1 Men's Soccer and Former Player at Virginia Tech. For additional information visit our website GameOnCamps.com/soccer or 1-800.963.1602
Stage Door-Find your Spotlight!
Summer Theatre Program- Disney's classic 101 Dalmations musical adventure, Ages 5-11. Introduction to stage production- get strenght as an actor by learning "the other side" of production, Ages 12-17. The little Mermaid, Ages 5-17. June Tuition $275, July Tuition $475. Rehearsal dates are: July 9th-26th Mon-Thur 9am-3pm. Performance dates: July 27th, 28th & 29th. Audition dates: June 25th-27th
Glenwood Community Rec Center: Afterschool Arts & Crafts Club
- Afterschool Arts & Crafts Club for grades K-5. Get creative and have fun with a different project every day. We will provide all the supplies and guidance for you to artistically express yourself. Projects may include: tie-dye, knitting/crochet, beading, painting, duct tape projects, cooking, collage, science experiments, hula hoops and many more. Dates: Tuesday & Thursday Sept. 5-December 19 (No class Nov. 26+28). Time: 3:30-5:30 p.m. Fee: $12.00/day members receive 25% discount.
- Flag Football for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade. Are you ready for some football??? Flag Football that is!!! Join the Glenwood Springs Parks and Recreation Department for an after-school flag football program for 1st – 3rd graders. Participants will learn fundamental skills such as passing, offense, defense, stance and much more. Bring a water bottle each day and dress to get dirty! Age: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Graders. Time: 3:45pm - 4:45pm. Dates: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Sept 5th – Oct 5th (10 sessions). Fee: $50M / $60 NM. Register by: Open until filled. Location: Open space behind community center. Register online at www.glenwoodrec.com
- Intramural Volleyball for 5th and 6th grade girls. 5th and 6th Grade Girls! Come play Mondays and Wednesdays after school. There will be warm ups, drills, practices, and scrimmages. Everyone gets a T-Shirt and we’ll end the season with an in-house tournament. Depending on the number of girls signed up, we’ll break the girls into evenly matched teams for practice and scrimmage. The final tournament may consist of further breaking the teams down into teams of six and playing each other in a round robin format. Age: 5th and 6th Grade Girls Only. Time: Practices, Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-6:00pm, Aug 21st – Oct 5th. Games Thursdays, Times and Locations TBD. Fee: $50 M / $60 NM. Register by: Open until filled. Location: Community Center Gym. Register online at www.glenwoodrec.com
Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers
- How to be a Wilderness Explorer!: Elementary school students learn the basics of outdoor survival and Leave No Trace theory through hands-on, interactive play using real, trail-tested outdoor gear. This is for any student who wants to learn more about getting outside and being comfortable in the out of doors - while having tons of fun!
- Wilderness Survival & Ethics: Middle school students learn the about outdoor survival and Leave No Trace theory through hands-on, interactive play using real, trail-tested outdoor gear. This is a fun, dynamic, and active class that takes the "Wilderness Explorer" courses to the next level. Open to students who participated in the elementary school courses, or are totally new to outdoor exploration!
Roaring Fork Fencers Club
Roaring Fork Fencers Club is pleased to offer before- and after-school beginner fencing classes for youth ages 6 and up. Students will be introduced to this Olympic sport in a safe and age-appropriate environment. RFFC provides equipment rental for $5 per session. Students must bring athletic pants and shoes--no jeans, shorts, or sandals. Classes will focus on having fun, making friends, and learning the basics of fencing. Fencing promotes fitness, coordination, good sporting behavior, critical thinking, and problem solving skills all while being one of the safest sports in both the summer and winter Olympic games. Sessions costs $25 each ($20 fee + $5 equip rental cost). Check website for class schedule and locations: www.RoaringForkFC.com
AVSC Mtn Bike Camp Intermediate and Advanced
Aspen Valley Ski & Snowboard Club is proud to offer year-round programming for the greater Roaring Fork Valley. Come ride with our coaches who will teach techniques and tactics, while minimizing risk, to everyone from beginners through young expert riders. We will explore local Roaring Fork Valley trails, whether it’s at the Carbondale or Basalt Bike Parks or multiple lift access trails including "Valhalla" trail at Snowmass, which requires a summer lift pass. Rides include Sky Mountain Park, Smuggler Mountain, Rim Trail, and many more. Cost $150-$165 per week. After school program. For 4th grade ages 9 and up. Offered in all of the RFV. To register, please contanct Jason Cook at 970-205-5150. For more information visit, Teamavsc.org
Yoga Time for Kids
Come Dance & Create with Us
Come dance and create with us! These day camps are infused with music, art and dance from around the world. Camps are designed to improve skills and expand imagination with world rhythms/cultural dance, modern and jazz dance and ballet. Art classes feature drawing, painting, sculpture, children's literature. Students will experience art and dance each day, with a special yoga class for youth on Fridays. A great team of experienced instructors provide a fun learning environment in which to move and create. For more information contact: ww.Coloradomtn.edu/ArtsCamps